Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sail

This is a beautiful little fragment of prose/poetry that my wife emailed to me in the very early days of our relationship, which then became the centrepiece of a simple webpage with a whimsical lighthouse background...

What do I want to do?
I want to sail.
I want to fly through clouds and feel amber sunrays on my face.
I want to be free to decide each instant at the instant, without fear of repercussion.
I want to be bold.
And naive.
I want to make people feel something.
Anything.
But most of all I want to sail...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

That reminds me of:

I’m going to sea
Don’t try to reason with me
I’ve never wanted anything so much before
And I’ve wanted this so much
Since so long ago
So I’m going to sea
If you need me you know where I’ll be
I’ve been waiting around
For nothing to stop happening
And I’ve made up my mind
That today I will sail
So I’m going to sea
This is the last you’ll see of me

The Lucksmiths, "I Am About To Sail", from "What Bird Is That?" (1996).

Coincidentally, I am sailing today, in order to meet your friends and mine.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh my dear lord! I've only just discovered that Jesse blogged this silliness!! Pass me the restraints... :(

10:17 PM  
Blogger Afe said...

Here's something I wrote for my wife:

I want to sail you on the rough seas
I want to sail you in the kitchen
I want to sail you from behind
Wayyy down South
Sailing, sailing, yeah, yeah do you read me, woman?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home